Typical camouflage pattern
Camouflage is one of the most recognizable designs. Whether used for fashion or for its main purpose of disguising objects in brush, it can be useful to know create this popular design. One of the most effective ways to create this look is through the use of an airbrush. The air brush allows you to control the shade of color you are using by layering, making it ideal for painting a camouflage design.
1. Stencil camouflage design on the surface you’re painting.
2. Paint the lightest shade first. Cover every part you do not wish to paint with the light shade in masking tape. Fill in the exposed area with the light shade and let it dry. After it dries, cover it in tape.
3. Remove the tape over the sections you’re painting the darkest. Paint those areas the darkest shade of brown, let the paint dry, and then cover in tape.
4. Remove the tape from the patches you have not yet painted, paint them in the remaining shades of brown and let dry.
5. Remove all of the tape to reveal your camouflage design.