The purpose of any paintball gun is to fire a paintball capsule upon command. A dual barrel “shotgun” type paintball gun can be built using a few supplies commonly found around the home and some parts from a hardware store or barbecue supply shop. Adult supervision is needed in making and using your dual barrel paintball gun because it will use a household propellant to fire the paintball capsules.
1. Place a sheet of newspaper on a table to protect the surface. Stand two paper towel tubes on the newspaper side by side. Tape the sides of the two paper towel tubes together with strips of duct tape.
2. Cover the open ends of the two paper towel tubes with strips of duct tape. Make a slit through the duct tape in the center of each of the holes in the top of the two paper towel tubes with the blade of the utility knife.
3. Insert the tip of one of the two barbecue lighters into the slit cut into the duct tape covering one of the two holes in the paper towel tubes. Tape the sides of the barbecue lighter to the paper towel tube with strips of duct tape. Repeat this procedure with the other barbecue lighter and paper towel tube.
4. Go outside in your backyard. Hold the dual barrel paintball gun you have made so that the open ends of the two tubes are facing up. Shake the hair spray can. Place the nozzle into one of the two open ends. Spray hair spray for five seconds. Repeat this with the other paper towel tube.
5. Drop a paintball capsule into each of the two open ends. Aim your dual barrel paintball gun at a tree or the side of the building. Click the trigger on one of the two barbecue lighters to fire the paintball capsule at the tree or side of the building. Click the trigger on the other barbecue lighter to fire the second paintball capsule at the tree or side of the building.