Gun enthusiasts are familiar with the name Brownells; in addition to selling a wide variety of guns and accessories, the company stocks a large assortment of reference material, including books and videos. As a companion site to their online stores, Brownells has developed a website that allows customers to virtually create and customize five different types of guns, including an Agency Style M4 Carbine. Once the M4 is selected, you can customize it with over 100 different pieces, such as stocks and sights. The AR-15 Builder website is free to use and anyone can access it.
1. Navigate to the Brownell’s AR-15 Builder website in your Web browser.
2. Click the drop-down menu next to “Start Here” at the top of the page.
3. Select “Agency Style M4 Carbine” from the list provided. A virtual representation of the M4 appears on the screen.
4. Click any of the four menus at the top of the screen to customize your gun: “Lower Receiver,” “Upper Receiver,” “Sights & Optics” or “Accessories.”
5. Click any product in these four categories to add it to your gun.
6. Click “Save Build” at the bottom of the screen to save your M4 to edit it later. Click “Print Gun” to print out a physical copy, or click “Send to Cart” to purchase the M4 you built.