There are several reasons to buy a gun: protection, hunting or collecting to name a few. In Arkansas, a permit is not required, and you do not need to register your guns. There is also no waiting period. However, a permit is required to carry a concealed weapon, and you have to be a resident of Arkansas for at least 90 days before buying a handgun.
1. Decide what type of gun you need based on your reason for buying it. For protection, get a handgun. For hunting, get a rifle.
2. Check to see when concealed weapons classes or hunter’s education classes are offered.
3. Find a reputable gun dealer by searching websites, such as Gunners Den or US Firearms.
4. Go to gun shows to see what’s available. To find a gun and knife show near you, visit the Gun Shows USA website.
5. Answer a few required questions and wait for the dealer to call in a background check.
6. Purchase the gun, some ammunition and learn to use and care for your gun correctly.