If you are in the market for pro golf apparel, you probably want something better than the average golf clothing you can find at your local sports store. Whether you are a professional player yourself or you simply want to match your clothing to other players with whom you interact, there are a few things to keep in mind while shopping.
Buy Pro Golf Apparel
1. Look for apparel at companies that specialize in pro golf clothing. These companies will be able to provide you with the typical line of golf products, but also they may also have fashions inspired by golf clothing, such as striped sweaters, polo shirts and dressy shorts. Many offer special lines just for women golfers.
2. Invest in a high-quality pair of gloves. If nothing else, this is the most important purchase you can make when it comes to apparel, as it will actually have an influence on the way you play. Look for brand-name gloves if you can, as they will be more likely to guarantee you quality and durability.
3. Visit the official PGA website to buy approved apparel that the pros wear (see Resources below). There you can find regular golf apparel, plus special clothing with the PGA championship or the Ryder Cup logos. Headwear, accessories and team-licensed items are also available on the website.
4. Focus on quality and comfort. You need clothes that are made with absorbent material (such as cotton) that will feel comfortable even after hours of playing or practice. Also, apparel that is too tight, too short or too clumsy can interfere with your game and make you feel less supple.
5. Decide on a budget beforehand. Pro golf apparel is expensive, especially if it carries the official logo of the PGA or another organization recognized worldwide. If your budget is limited, decide which items are most important to you and buy those first. Then divide up the rest of your budget for additional items.