Use a paint suitable for aluminum when changing the color of your TAC 8.
The TAC 8 pistol is a quality paintball firearm manufactured by Tiberius Arms. The body of the paintball pistol is made from aluminum and there are several rubber details. You can paint the aluminum body of the pistol to match your team or for greater camouflage. You must prepare the surface correctly in order for the paint to adhere to the aluminum. Using the wrong kind of paint will also result in flaking. Ask your hardware store professional for assistance when choosing paint.
1. Cover your work surface with newspaper or a drop cloth.
2. Prepare the surface of the pistol for painting. Place masking tape on all the rubber details to protect them from paint and scuffing.
3. Abrade the surface of your TAC 8 with sandpaper to improve adherence of the paint. Wash the pistol with soapy water and rinse well. Dust, debris and grease will compromise your paint job. Leave the pistol to dry.
4. Place the pistol down on the newspaper or drop cloth. Shake the spray paint can really well. Spray over the TAC 8 with long, even strokes. Don’t hold the can in one place, or the paint will run.
5. Leave the gun to dry for 24 hours.
6. Turn the pistol over and spray the other side. Leave the gun to dry for 24 hours.
7. Lightly sand the first coat of paint. Apply a second coat to both sides, leaving each side to dry for 24 hours.