Airsoft guns are in most cases replications of modern, historical or antique firearms. The guns are typically produced in a finish such as flat black or silver which corresponds to the firearm being copied. Many airsoft gun owners decide to change the color of their guns. Camouflage patterns are one very popular paint pattern as this allows for individual expression as well as possibly providing a competitive edge during game play. Special spray paints are available which are specifically designed to bond with plastic materials.
1. Unload the airsoft gun by removing plastic BB’s from the firing chamber, removing any clips or magazines and releasing spring or air pressure from CO2 or green gas.
2. Determine the pattern, color or design to be used. Decide on the color of the paint to be used for painting.
3. Mask off areas which should not be painted. Use painters tape to completely cover any parts of the gun which should not have paint or paint over spray applied.
4. Shake a can of Krylon spray paint to thoroughly mix the paint inside. Hold the can 8 to 12 inches from the gun and use a side to side motion to apply the paint.
5. Allow the paint to dry thoroughly before use. Place the gun in a warm dry area for 3 to 4 hours to allow the paint to dry and cure.