Schumacher Portable Power Units, also known as Jump Starter or Portable Power Jump-Packs, provide emergency power to other electrical devices or starting power for vehicles. The units do this with an internal battery that holds a charge for up to 30 days after charging off an AC or DC power source. To maintain the unit for emergency or portable power use, you must charge the unit before you use it the first time, after each use and at least once every 30 days. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Check that the power switch on your unit is in the “Off” position.
2. Push one end of the included “AC” charging cable or “DC” car adapter charging cable into the “AC” or “DC” socket on your unit. If you don’t have the “AC” cable, use a #18 AWG or larger extension cord.
3. Plug the other end of the AC cable or extension cord into an electrical socket. If you’re using the car adapter, turn on your vehicle first, wait a minute and then plug the adapter into the lighter socket.
4. Wait for the red “Charging” LED to turn off and the green “Full Charge” to turn on.
5. Unplug the cord from the socket and your charger. If you’re charging in a car, turn off your vehicle. Store your unit as desired.