Paintball markers range from simple to very high tech.
When purchasing a paintball marker, it is important to compare the competition. There are many paintball markers that are available on the market, but they all differ in many ways. Although some paintball markers may be expensive and very high quality, that does not mean they are suited to your particular playing style or venue. Always keep in mind your playing style when you are comparing paintball markers. Also, consider making the purchase at a local paintball store. Paintball store employees tend to be extremely knowledgeable about the products they are selling.
1. Consider the price you are willing to pay for a paintball marker. They range in price from under $100 to over $1,000. When shopping for a paintball marker, search only for ones that are within your price range.
2. Look at the specifications that are present on the paintball marker box or on the description on a website. Many paintball markers will have a listed rate of fire, or how quickly the paintball marker shoots. Rate of fire is an important characteristic for many paintball players.
3. Consider the materials the paintball marker is made of. Aluminum paintball markers tend to be lightweight but scratch easily while plastic ones feel cheap and may break more easily. The packaging or description for the paintball marker usually will list the material used to build the paintball marker.
4. Look on the box or on the description of the paintball marker to see whether or not it is electronic. Electronic paintball guns are more expensive, but will fire much faster. It is important to note that they require batteries, which adds to the overall cost of playing paintball.
5. Ask friends and the paintball store clerk about their opinions on the paintball markers you are considering. Although some paintball markers may have fancy looks and specifications, they are not necessarily good quality. High quality is just as important as high performance.