Environmentally sound with green gas
Target pistols that are able to fire as fast as the trigger is pulled use CO2 gas cartridges to “power” the weapon. You can replace the CO2 gas cartridge with a more environmentally friendly “green gas” cartridge, providing that the target pistol’s design includes using “green gas” as an alternative to CO2. Converting a CO2 target pistol to use green gas only requires the purchase of green gas cartridges and a green gas magazine that will replace the CO2 magazine the target pistol is currently using. Adult supervision is required should the person converting the target pistol to green gas be a minor.
1. Press down on the magazine release latch on the gun stock on one side of the target pistol with your thumb. Pull out the CO2 magazine from the bottom of the target pistol’s handle with the other hand.
2. Put the bath towel down on a table. Eject the projectiles from out of the top of the CO2 magazine onto the bath towel using your fingers.
3. Pull the CO2 cartridge out from the bottom of the magazine using your fingers. Discard the CO2 cartridge properly. Put the CO2 magazine away for safekeeping.
4. Cock the firing mechanism of the target pistol. Aim the target pistol into the open bowl of a toilet. Press the trigger to ensure that there is no projectile inside of the gun that could be fired.
5. Place the target pistol down on its side on the bath towel.
6. Insert the projectiles that are on the bath towel into the top of the green gas magazine using your fingers.
7. Insert the green gas cartridge into the bottom of the green gas magazine with your fingers. Push the green gas cartridge up into the magazine until it clicks into position.
8. Insert the green gas magazine into the bottom of the target pistol’s handle. Push the green magazine up into the bottom of the target pistol’s handle until it clicks into position.
9. Go into your backyard. Cock the firing mechanism of your target pistol that will now be using green gas instead of CO2.
10. Aim the target pistol at a tree or rock that is free of any person or object that could be damaged if the projectile misses the target. Squeeze the trigger to fire the projectile. Wait as the target pistol is reloaded using green gas.