Playing “Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare” online can bring an entirely new gaming experience from the single player campaign. Gamers can choose to play with random players around the country or decide to create their own servers dedicated to running the game for a select group of individuals.
1. Locate the Call of Duty 4 program folder on your computer. Do this by accessing your C Drive, then select Program Files, Activision, and finally Call of Duty 4. Right click on iw3mp.exe and send it to your desktop.
2. Right click on the iw3mp.exe file you sent to your desktop and click on properties. In the Target box, after the text, type in “+set dedicated 2 +set fs_game “mods/cod4_server” +set net_port 28960 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate” without quotation marks. Hit apply and leave the options menu. Rename your iw3mp.exe file as “CoD4 Server“.
3. Open your web browser and type in http://192.168.1.1 then press enter. You will be prompted to enter a user name and password. Leave the user name blank and type “admin” as your password.
4. Click the Status tab and then click on Local Network. Locate your IP address and write down the last 3 digits. Next, click on the “Applications” tab. Create a new application and name it CoD4. Then choose a port range of 28960 to 28960. Enter the last three digits of your IP address in the box marked “Internal IP” Save the settings and close your browser.
5. Double-click on the icon you labeled “CoD4 Server” to being running the server. Now launch the game from another PC and locate your server under the “Local Tab”. You may need to enter the IP address of your server to locate it.