Paintball guns rely on the paintball projectile that is shot to burst upon hitting the target. You can make a custom paintball that will not only splatter against a target, but make the kind of visual impact that cannot be ignored. You will need a few supplies from a hobby shop and grocery store along with some tools that are commonly found in most home toolboxes. Making a custom paintball will give a sense of individuality to your game the next time you participate in “Capture the flag” or another paintball game.
1. Put a sheet of newspaper on a table. Pull the top shell off the bottom shell of the toy plastic egg. Place the bottom shell on the newspaper with the open end facing up. Place the top shell on the newspaper with the open end facing down.
2. Score vertical lines down the sides of the top shell with the blade of the utility knife.
3. Drill a small hole in the top center of the top shell with the blade of the utility knife.
4. Open the food coloring bottles. Pour the different food coloring solutions into the bottom shell. Stop pouring when the food coloring reaches the upper rim of the bottom shell.
5. Mix the food coloring in the bottom shell with the coffee stirrer.
6. Apply hot glue around the rim of the top shell. Place the top shell on the bottom shell. Let the hot glue set for five minutes. Your custom paintball is now ready to be used.