Paintball is a recreational sport in which players use paintball guns to tag targets and opposing players with paint. Paintball guns are powered by compressed air, usually in the form of CO2, that comes in a tank that is attached to the paintball gun. The tanks need to be filled often, as they deplete rapidly while under heavy use. Luckily, filling a CO2 tank is an easy process, requiring only a few materials and a few simple steps.
1. Use a wrench to attach the fill-station adapter to the CO2 fill tank. Make sure the bleed valve on the fill-station adapter is in the “OFF” position.
2. Screw the CO2 tank that you need to fill onto the fill-station adapter. If your are filling a “pin-valve” tank, screw in the top valve on the fill adapter to engage the pin valve. If you are filling an “ON/OFF valve” tank, simply switch the valve on your tank into the “ON” position.
3. Turn the valve on the CO2 fill tank into the “ON” position. You will hear your CO2 tank filling with CO2. Only allow about two ounces of CO2 to enter into the tank (let your tank fill for about three seconds). Turn the valve on the CO2 fill tank into the “OFF” position.
4. Turn the bleed valve on the fill-station adapter into the “ON” position. Your CO2 tank will expel the air you put in it in Step 3. When it is finished, close the bleed valve on the fill-station adapter.
5. Hang your CO2 tank on the hanging scale. Zero the scale while the CO2 tank is hanging on it.
6. Turn on the main valve on the CO2 fill tank. Allow your tank to fill until the scale reads between 18 and 20 oz. When it is finished, turn off the fill tank.
7. Disengage your CO2 tank by either unscrewing the top valve on the fill-station adapter or turning the valve on your tank into the “OFF” position, depending on the type of tank you have (see Step 3). Open the fill-station adapter bleed valve to expel any air left in the hose.
8. Unscrew your CO2 tank from the fill-station adapter.