The Lancer paintball gun uses compressed air to force a paintball capsule from the magazine clip into the firing chamber. The vertical loading mechanism can cause the paintball capsule to get lodged into the front of the spring that propels it out of the barrel. This renders the Lancer unusable. Fixing the Lancer so that it can again be used requires a partial disassembly to remove the paintball capsule from inside of the gun. The procedure will not void any warranty, since the manufacturer expects the Lancer to be periodically disassembled for cleaning and maintenance.
1. Place a soft cloth on a table. Remove the magazine clip from the bottom of the Lancer paintball gun’s handle. Place the gun on the soft cloth with the barrel facing to the left.
2. Remove the locking pin out of the back side of the gun with your fingers–the pin is just below the hammer. Carefully pull the firing assembly tube out of the back of the gun. Place the firing assembly tube on the soft cloth.
3. Pull the firing pin that is sticking out of the back end of the gun slowly to the right. Stop pulling when the spring that is attached to the end of the firing pin can be seen.
4. Grab hold of the spring with your hand. Pull the spring slowly out of the back end of the gun. Remove the firing pin from the right end of the spring.
5. Place the spring on the soft cloth with the paintball capsule that is stuck to the spring facing to the left. Insert the blade of a flat-edged screwdriver into the spiral of the spring just behind the paintball capsule. Push the tip of the flat-edged screwdriver toward the left to push the paintball capsule out from the end of the spring. Dispose of the paintball capsule in the trash.
6. Stand the spring on the soft cloth with the end that had the paintball capsule attached to it facing up. Place your palm against the top of the spring. Press down on the spring to compress it. Hold the spring down for a minute.
7. Place the spring back into the back end of the gun. Place the firing pin back into the back end of the gun. Place the firing assembly tube back into the back end of the gun. Push the locking pin back through the hole. Pound on the locking pin twice with the handle of the flat-edged screwdriver to secure the pin to the gun’s frame. Place the magazine clip back into the handle of the gun.