The Piranha paintball gun is an attractive looking handgun that was designed more for looks than for a consistent performance. The design allows for dirt and dust to enter the insides of the paintball gun, causing it to jam and to function erratically. You can fix the Piranha paintball gun so that it will again function as it should by cleaning it out thoroughly. You will need gun-cleaning supplies which can be purchased from a gun store or hobby shop. You will also need a few tools that are commonly found around the house for disassembling the Piranha.
1. Put a soft cloth on a table. Unscrew the barrel from the front of the Piranha with your fingers.
2. Hold the barrel in one hand. Hold the squeegee rod in the other hand. Push the end of the squeegee rod through one end of the barrel.
3. Rotate the squeegee rod inside of the barrel as you pull it in and out a total of three times. Remove the squeegee rod. Place the barrel aside.
4. Pull the bolt from out of the left back edge of the Piranha by the hammer with your fingers. Place the bolt aside.
5. Remove the cover plate from the back end of the Piranha. Pull the spring plate out of the back of the Piranha.
6. Wipe off the spring with the lint-free cloth. Spray the spring with the light machine oil spray. Place the spring plate aside.
7. Pull the bolt assembly out of the bottom hole beneath the one that held the spring plate. Wipe off the bolt assembly with the lint-free cloth.
8. Push the end of the squeegee rod through the top hole in the back of the Piranha. Rotate the squeegee rod inside of the hole as you pull it in and out a total of three times. Remove the squeegee rod.
9. Repeat this procedure with the squeegee rod and the hole in the front end of the Piranha.
10. Apply drops of gun lubricating liquid to the “O” rings circling the bot assembly at the ends and middle.
11. Insert the bolt assembly into the bottom hole in the back of the Piranha. Move the bolt assembly in and out of the hole four times to spread the lubricating liquid into the hole. Let go of the bolt assembly.
12. Place the spring plate back into the top hole in the back of the Piranha. Place the cover plate onto the back of the Piranha so that the two holes are covered.
13. Put the pin back into the Piranha to hold the cover plate in position. Screw the barrel back onto the front of the Piranha. Discard the lint-free cloth in the trash.