The M16 airsoft-brand rifle uses compressed air to fire one projectile after another in imitation of the real weapon. A leaking mechanism in the trigger valve will cause gas to escape through the trigger when it is depressed. This will inhibit the M16 from working properly and must be repaired. You can fix the trigger valve of the M16 so that it will function correctly again within a few minutes and without any tools. You will need to disassembly the trigger section of the M16 airsoft-brand rifle before fixing the trigger.
1. Put a soft cloth on a table. Place the trigger valve assembly on the soft cloth with the metal firing plug facing to the right. Unscrew the metal firing plug from the trigger valve assembly. Pull the metal firing plug out from the trigger valve assembly with your fingers.
2. Wipe around the bottom of the metal firing plug with an edge of the lint free cloth. Wipe around the trigger nipple at the bottom of the metal firing plug with a clean edge of the lint free cloth.
3. Moisten a cotton swab in light machine oil. Wipe the moistened end of the cotton swab around the bottom of the metal firing plug. Wipe another moistened cotton swab around the trigger nipped at the bottom of the metal firing plug.
4. Wipe around the threads at the end of the trigger valve assembly with a clean edge of the lint free cloth.
5. Moisten another cotton swab in light machine oil. Wipe the moistened end of the cotton swab around the threads at the end of the trigger valve assembly. Dispose of the cotton swabs and the lint free cloth in the trash.
6. Screw the metal firing plug back into the trigger valve assembly. Stop screwing in the metal firing plug when the two screws on its front are vertical to the top of the trigger valve assembly. The trigger assembly will no longer leak gas when the trigger it is attached to on the M16 airsoft-brand rifle is depressed