Before fitting your SCUBA mask, apply two drops of anti-fog solution to prevent fog buildup.
SCUBA divers, swimmers, mountain climbers and certain equipment operators rely on unimpaired vision to safely navigate. If fog collects on their masks or goggles, not only is it potentially dangerous, but it is also difficult to prevent the fog from immediately rebuilding. Fog also collects on windshields and bathroom mirrors when the temperature moves between hot and cold. Commercial anti-fog solutions do a fine job of preventing most fog accumulation, but it’s easy to make a homemade anti-fog mixture for your SCUBA mask. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Pour vinegar and 1 qt. of tap water in a bowl, according to a Kitchen Crafts & More recipe.
2. Mix together with a spoon.
3. Pour the solution into the spray bottle through a funnel.
4. Apply a couple of sprays with a lint-free cloth to a mask, mirror, windshield, glasses or goggles to temporarily prevent fog collection.
5. Pour ammonia, alcohol, liquid dish detergent and 1 qt. tap water in a bowl.
6. Mix together with a spoon.
7. Pour the solution into the spray bottle through a funnel.
Baby Shampoo-Based Solution.
8. Combine baby shampoo and 2 cups of water in a bowl.
9. Mix together with a spoon.
10. Pour the solution into the spray bottle through a funnel.