Installing a tightbore barrel on an Airsoft JG G36K Paintball Rifle will allow you to modify the gun and produce a more powerful rifle. Reducing the size of the barrel allows the paintball to be expelled at a faster rate of speed, causing it to go farther. You can install a new tightbore barrel in a few minutes with some basic tools, allowing you to modify the gun yourself.
Disassembling the Airsoft JG G36K Rifle
1. Unfasten the magazine from the Airsoft JG G36K Paintball Rifle by loosening the screws with an Allen wrench and a micro Phillips head screwdriver. The magazine is located just in front of the trigger on the bottom of the rifle.
2. Remove the magazine from the bottom of the rifle by pushing in and down on the magazine release and setting the magazine aside. Pull the pin out of the side of the hand guard in the front of the rifle body and slide the hand guard off the front of the rifle.
3. Unfasten the three screws on the front of the rifle body with the micro Phillips head and flat head screwdrivers. Locate the connector clip underneath the rifle body that holds the barrel assembly to the rifle body and unfasten the clip by hand.
4. Slide the barrel assembly forward and remove the assembly from the front of the rifle body. Set the rifle body aside and turn the end of the barrel assembly counterclockwise 1/4 of a turn.
5. Push in on the opposite end of the barrel assembly and turn it counterclockwise to release the inner barrel from the gas tube. Set the gas tube out of the way and unfasten the clip that holds the hob bump bucket to the end of the inner barrel.
6. Remove the hob bump bucket from the hob bump unit and set the unit aside. Clean the hob bump bucket with soap and water and dry thoroughly with a clean cloth.
Assembling the Airsoft JG G36K Rifle
7. Attach the hob bump bucket to the new tightbore barrel and line the end of the hob up with the marks near the end of the new barrel. Slide the end of the new tightbore barrel with the hob bump bucket into the hop bump unit by lining it up with the marks on the bucket and sliding the barrel into the unit.
8. Fasten the clip over the hob bump unit and slide the spring back over the new barrel from the opposite end of the hob bump. Slide the new tightbore barrel into the gas tube and turn it clockwise 1/4 turn to lock it in place.
9. Slide the rifle barrel assembly with the new tightbore barrel into the rifle body and secure it with the screws. Fasten the connector underneath the rifle body and reattach the hand guard to the front of the rifle with the pin.
10. Secure the magazine to the bottom of the Airsoft JG G36K Paintball Rifle to complete the installation of the new tightbore barrel.