By 2002, more than 8 million people participated in the paint ball sport.
Paintball is reportedly the 4th largest alternative sport played in the U.S. today, surpassing even the once ever popular sport of snowboarding. The original paint gun was designed in 1985 and by 1987, George Skogg developed a the paint ball cocktail of gelatin capsules filled with water and non-toxic color varieties. With the paintball sport comes the necessity for properly fitting protective gear, as many injuries are sustained because of fast traveling paint balls. And knowing order the proper size for a paintball experience is critical to your enjoyment and safety. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Refer to the sizing chart, typically provided on most paint ball clothing sites. Do a search in the site’s tool bar, by typing “sizing chart.” Other paint ball gear websites offer the sizing chart directly on the ordering page.
2. Get a flat tape measure and find someone to assist you in the measuring. Remember to stand as you would naturally and keep the tape measure comfortably loose, as you want to be able to move around in your gear comfortably based on your measurements.
3. Raise your arms and measure around the largest part of your chest to get your chest measurement in inches. Refer to the site’s measuring chart to locate your size.
4. Measure your waistline, starting from the point where you wear your pants. Refer to the site’s sizing chart to extract your waist size. To measure your inseam, make sure you are standing up straight and measure at your crotch straight down the inside of your leg to the very top of your foot. Refer to the sizing chart, to convert your inseam length to the proper size.
5. Call the paint ball ordering site with any sizing questions or issues related to their sizing chart.