Airsoft is a game similar to paintball and its players form teams and engage in simulated combat using Airsoft guns. They are exact replicas of guns used by police or military troops. The guns fire non-lethal, soft BBs instead of bullets. The BBs are not designed to cause serious injury or draw blood when fired, but being struck with a BB fired from an Airsoft gun can sting. A popular Airsoft model is the Colt 1911 handgun. It contains a magazine to store the BBs.
1. Press the slide release button located on the left side of the gun. This removes the magazine that holds the BBs.
2. Use the release tool that came with the Colt Airsoft gun to hold down the spring on the magazine. The circular head of the release tool fits into a notch on the side of the magazine. You can pull the slide down to fill the magazine with BBs.
3. The Colt holds 25 6mm BBs. The BBs should be arranged in an alternating pattern in the magazine.
4. Fill the magazine with CO2 gas. Tip the gas canister vertical above the CO2 reciprocator on the magazine.
5. Insert the magazine back into the Colt. Listen for a distinctive “click” indicating that it is securely in place. Pull the slide back to the cock the gun. Keep the gun on safety until you are ready to play the game.