The Proto SLG is easy to maintain.
The Proto SLG paintball gun is easy to maintain. Maintaining the gun consists of basic cleaning on the exterior and lubrication of the bolt. Maintenance is mandatory after several rounds of play as the gun accumulates dirt, debris, paint and chips from the paint balls. Regular maintenance ensures the gun fires smoothly and consistently and it prevents the gun from jamming. Jammed guns cost you time during competition and decrease your effectiveness on the field.
1. Locate the hex fitting on the end cap, and insert a hex wrench. Turn the wrench counterclockwise to loosen and remove the end cap. The cap is attached to a metal rod with a plunger, and the entire unit will pull out of the gun.
2. Wipe any dirt and grime off the rod and plunger with a clean cloth. Add a thin layer of silicon based lubricant to the metal rod and the O-rings on the end cap and plunger.
3. Push your finger into the neck on top of the barrel until the bolt slides out of the gun. Wipe any dirt and grime off the bolt with a clean cloth. Add a thin layer of lubricant to the O-rings on the bolt and to the bolt metal.
4. Insert the rod into the back of the barrel, and push the plunger and end cap back in place. Tighten the end cap with the hex wrench.
5. Wipe down the exterior of the gun with a damp cloth to remove paint and debris. Wipe again with a dry cloth. Use a cotton swab to clean the cracks and crevasses on the gun body.