A guitar case is ideal to protect a Tippmann A-5.
A dependable case for a Tippmann A-5 is essential to prevent damage to your prized paintball gun. Costing upwards of $179, the Tippmann A-5 is an expensive paintball-firing weapon that resembles a real machine gun. Keeping your paintball gun in a case or bag with accessories may result in a scratched, chipped or cracked surface. Fortunately, making a basic homemade case to keep your Tippmann A-5 safe and sound is possible with a few household items.
1. Clean the inside of a 3″x15″x22″ hard case with prefabricated locks with a damp cotton cloth.
2. Place the case atop a 3-inch piece of eggshell foam. Trace the outline of the case with a marker. Remove the case and cut out the 15″x22″ foam shape with a pair of scissors.
3. Place the case atop a 1-inch piece of eggshell foam. Trace the outline of the case with a marker. Again, remove the case and cut out the foam shape with a pair of scissors.
4. Lather the underside of the 3-inch eggshell foam piece with permanent epoxy. Fit the 3-inch piece down into the bottom of the case. Repeat with the 1-inch eggshell foam piece on the underside of the case lid.
5. Lay the Tippmann A-5 inside the case atop the 3-inch foam padding. Pull the 1-inch foam padded lid down atop the Tippmann A-5. Lock the case shut.