Create a logo for your paintball team.
If you are an avid paintballer, you may have considered joining a professional paintball team. These teams design their own uniforms and logos, as well as create their club memorabilia. An exciting and unique paintball logo is essential to getting your team noticed by skilled players or financial sponsors you want to attract. Luckily, designing your own paintball logo is not too difficult, and can be completed by any paintballer who has basic technical and visual abilities.
1. Turn on your computer and open a graphic design program. The most popular of these applications are Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter. Free alternatives include Aviary and Inkscape.
2. Create a new blank canvas document. Select “New” from the File menu and determine the dimensions of your logo. You should start with a very large campus and create a logo that is larger than the needed applications. Logos will look blurry and stretched if they are enlarged, but will not distort if they are made smaller. Consult the specific design application you are using for detailed instructions on creating a blank document.
3. Determine the color scheme you will use for your paintball logo. Most paintball teams have specific colors with which they identify. Make sure your logo follows your team’s colors. The background, vector shapes, text and graphic images on your logo should follow a theme but do not have to have identical styles.
4. Choose the font and text settings for your logo. Type your team name in the font of your choosing. Adjust the size of the text as well as the styling such as underline, bold and italics. You can also emboss, contour and add shadows to your text.
5. Consult the logos of other paintball teams to determine appropriate content for your logo. A simple text logo might be classic, but adding an image of a paintball gun, paintball mask or other paintball-related pictures can make your logo more memorable.