Make Airsoft BBs
Airsoft guns are noted for the variety of projectiles that they can fire. Make your own exploding airsoft projectiles from a few household items commonly found around the house. Your exploding airsoft BBs will simulate the effect of high-caliber exploding shells, although they will be nowhere near as powerful as the real thing. Making your own exploding airsoft BBs will personalize your airsoft gun and make it stand out the next time a group of airsoft enthusiasts gathers to compare the firepower of their weapons.
1. Hold the plastic pen in your left hand and the pliers in your right (reverse this for “lefties”). Clamp the jaws of the pliers around the point of the plastic pen. Twist the pliers to pull the point and the ink tube attached to it from out of the plastic pen.
2. Cut off 3 inches from the end of the ink tube opposite that of the point with the scissors.
3. Wedge a cap gun cap into each end of the cut piece of ink tube.
4. Drop the cut piece of ink tube down the barrel of the airsoft pistol. Ram the cut piece of ink tube all the way down, using the .22-caliber cleaning rod.
5. Pull back on the spring mechanism to cock the airsoft pistol. Aim the airsoft pistol at a rock or tree in your backyard, after first checking that there is no one within range.
6. Press the trigger of the airsoft pistol to shoot your exploding airsoft BB projectile at the target.