Little boys dream of owning a BB gun, but many parents believe they are too dangerous. Airsoft BB guns have ammunition that causes little harm, but they can be expensive. Follow the steps below to create an airsoft BB gun out of a Nerf gun to save money and keep your little man safer.
1. Cut the tip off of a Nerf dart to form a tube. With extended use, these darts may show wear, so consider preparing more than one tube for your homemade airsoft BB gun.
2. Wrap the dart tube with enough tape that it fits snugly into the barrel of the Nerf gun.
3. Locate the air restriction mechanism in the Nerf gun and remove it if you desire longer range from your homemade airsoft BB gun.
4. Place the dart tube in the barrel of the Nerf gun. Leave approximately 1 1/2 to 2 inches of the dart sticking out of the barrel of the Nerf gun.
5. Load your new airsoft BB gun by pouring some airsoft BBS down the newly formed barrel of the Nerf gun.
6. Pull back the cocking mechanism on the Nerf gun and shoot.