An airsoft weapon refers to any homemade device that can shoot a projectile. You can make an airsoft-type trip mine that will propel a “mine” at an enemy from the ground. You will need a few household supplies as well as some specific items from a hardware store. Your airsoft-type trip mine will work in a similar fashion to that of the real thing, but will not be deadly or dangerous.
1. Place bonding glue around the rim of the PVC cap. Place the PVC cap on one end of the PVC pipe. Let the bonding glue set for an hour.
2. Measure 4 inches in from the capped end of the PVC pipe. Drill a hole in the side of the PVC pipe at the 4 inch mark.
3. Measure the length of the cork. Cut through the cork at the halfway mark with the utility knife. Discard one of the cut halves of the cork.
4. Insert the spring in the open end of the PVC pipe. Insert the cork into the open end of the PVC pipe.
5. Push the cork and spring in towards the capped end of the PVC pipe with the tip of the flat-edged screwdriver. Keep pushing until the cork goes past the hole drilled in the side of the PVC pipe.
6. Place the nail into the hole in the side of the PVC pipe.
7. Apply bonding glue to one end of the 45 degree angle PVC pipe. Place the end of the 45 degree angle PVC pipe on the open end of the PVC pipe. Let the bonding glue set for two hours.
8. Go outside in your backyard. Lay the PVC pipe on the ground next to a tree. Rotate the PVC pipe so that the free end of the 45 degree angle PVC pipe is facing up. Conceal the PVC pipe with some leaves. Trail the string over to the tree. Tie the string around the tree.
9. Hide behind the tree. Wait for an enemy to walk through the string and pull the trigger out of the trip mine. Watch as the cork “mine” flies out from your airsoft-type trip mine and at the enemy.