Make B.B. Guns Out of Water Guns
A BB gun propels its projectile using a spring or compressed air as the power source. You can make a BB gun out of a water gun by using the water pressure to fire the BB. You will need a water gun and a few household supplies as well as BBs from a hobby shop. Parents should supervise the making and use of the BB gun if there is any concern about how the BB gun will be used.
1. Empty the water from the water gun. Press the trigger a number of times to empty the firing chamber and barrel of water. Let the water gun dry for a day.
2. Place a bath towel on a table to keep the surface from getting marked by the water gun. Place the water gun on the bath towel with the barrel facing to the right.
3. Hold the eraser end of the mechanical pencil in one hand. Hold the pliers in the other hand.
4. Pull the metal barrel off the pointed end of the pencil with the pliers. Pull the lead tube out of the pointed end of the pencil with the pliers. Dispose of the metal barrel and lead tube in the trash.
5. Hold the pointed end of the mechanical pencil in one hand. Hold the pliers in the other hand.
6. Pull the eraser cap off the eraser end of the pencil with the pliers. Dispose of the eraser cap in the trash.
7. Place a BB pellet snugly in one end of the pencil which will now serve as the barrel of the BB gun you are making.
8. Place the point of the blade of the utility knife into the hole in the tip of the barrel of the water gun. Enlarge the hole by twirling the point of the blade of the utility knife in a circular motion.
9. Apply bonding glue carefully around the tip of the water gun so that it doesn’t get into the hole. Line up the end of the pencil that doesn’t have the BB pellet in it over the tip of the water gun. Push the end of the pencil over the tip. Let the bonding glue set for three hours.
10. Fill the water gun with water in the usual manner. Go outside in your backyard.
11. Aim the BB gun that you have made at a bush or other soft object that a BB is not likely to ricochet off of. Depress the trigger to fire the BB pellet at the bush or soft object. Reload to continue firing.