One of the most basic weapons is a tube that fires a dart at a target. You can make a homemade blow gun from a few supplies commonly found around the house. The blow gun can just as easily be adapted into an air-powered gun using a common party balloon from a toy store or party shop. You do not need any skill to make the blow gun or adapt it into an air gun, but get adult supervision if you are underage since a cutting edge will be used.
Making a Blow Gun
1. Hold the mechanical pencil by the eraser end in one hand. Hold the pliers in the other hand. Pull the metal barrel off the pointed end of the pencil with the pliers.
2. Shake the pointed end of the pencil downward. Grab hold of the lead tube that is now exiting the pointed end with your fingers. Pull the lead tube out of the pointed end of the pencil.
3. Hold the mechanical pencil by the pointed end in one hand. Hold the pliers in the other hand. Pull the eraser cap off the eraser end of the pencil with the pliers.
4. Dispose of the metal barrel, lead tube and eraser cap in the trash.
5. Hold the pencil by the pocket clip on its side. Insert a foam dart, back end first, into the pointed end of the pencil that is now a blow gun.
6. Raise the back end of the blow gun to your lips. Take a deep breath. Wrap your lips around the hole at the back end of the blow gun.
7. Aim the blow gun at a far wall. Exhale quickly through your mouth to fire the foam dart at the far wall.
Making the Air Gun
8. Cut off the skinny neck of a party balloon with the scissors. Discard the skinny neck in the trash.
9. Stretch the open end of the party balloon over the hole at the eraser end of the blow gun. Secure the end of the party balloon to the eraser end of the blow gun with strips of duct tape.
10. Blow into the other end of the blow gun to inflate the party balloon. Place the jaws of the clothespin around the neck of the party balloon to keep the air from escaping.
11. Place a foam dart, back end first, into the hole in the air gun you have now just made. Hold the air gun by the pocket clip on its side.
12. Aim the air gun at a far wall. Release the clamp of the clothespin to fire the foam dart at the far wall.