Paintball guns are designed to fire a paintball or capsule with sufficient force to break it against an object or person. You can make a homemade paintball gun that will fire a single shot similar to that of firing off a single-shot shotgun. Adult supervision in the making and firing of the homemade paintball gun is necessary if you are underage, since an explosive force is generated in order to fire the paintball or capsule.
1. Stand the paper towel roll on a table. Cover the hole at the top of the paper towel roll with strips of duct tape.
2. Wind strips of duct tape around the length of the paper towel roll to provide for a better grip.
3. Poke a hole through the duct tape in the top of the paper towel roll with the scissors. Insert the tip of the barbecue lighter into the hole. Wrap duct tape around the sides of the barbecue lighter to secure it to the end of the paper towel roll.
4. Take the homemade paintball gun outside, and hold it by the back end in one hand. Tilt up the open end of the homemade paintball gun.
5. Spray hair spray into the open end of the homemade paintball gun for five seconds. Drop a paintball or a paintball capsule into the open end.
6. Aim the homemade paintball gun at a tree or rock. Depress the trigger of the barbecue lighter to fire the paintball or the the paintball capsule at the tree or rock.