Stun guns are an excellent way to protect yourself. Just the sight of a stun gun is enough to send some attackers running. These are potentially life-saving devices, but they often come with a hefty price tag. If you are on a budget and want to protect yourself, you can make your own homemade stun gun for just a few dollars.
1. Disassemble the camera. Be sure not to break any part of the outside or inside of the camera. Remove the battery to avoid getting shocked.
2. Look for the small light bulb. Carefully remove it and discard it if you have no other use for it.
3. Look for the two pieces of copper protruding on either side of where the light bulb had been. Solder a 3-inch piece of black wire to one of the copper pieces. Solder a 3-inch piece of red wire to the other copper piece. Reinsert the battery.
4. Drill two small holes on the left side of the camera face. Carefully stick the two wires through the holes and reassemble the camera. You may need to use glue to hold it all together.
5. Press the button on the camera that you would normally use to take a picture. You will notice a small arc of electricity coming from the protruding wires. To use the stun gun, press the wires against an attacker’s skin and press the button.