Add a “mod” to your game to defeat your friends in “COD4.”
In the perpetual war between PC and console gamers, PC gamers enjoy the “mods” advantage. Modifying games such as “Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare” on a PC is easier than on a console and can even be fun if you don’t mind a little coding. Once you master the coding for one type of mod, such as making your Winchester 1200 shotgun fully automatic, you can apply the principles to modifying other weapons.
1. Make a folder in the COD4/mods directory, and name it “shottymod.” Add”.zip” to the end of the file name and extract the “weapons” folder from the iw_11.iwd file in COD4/main to COD4/mods/shottymod.
2. Open the weapons folder you just extracted and find the Winchester 1200. Open the file with the Notepad program on your PC. Find the piece of coding “fireTypeSingle Shot,” and replace “Single Shot” with “Full Auto.”
3. Open the mod builder. Select the first tab, “CSV Creator,” and select “shottymod” from the “mods” list. Select the “Shottymodweaponsspwinchester1200” file from the left-hand list. Press the arrow that points right.
4. Press “New CSV” on the top right. When the new tab window opens, leave the black dot on “blank” and type “shottymod” in the space provided. Go to the top tab “Mod Builder.” Find the file you modified on the list to the right and check it. Select the “Build Fast File” and “Build IWD File” boxes on the top right.
5. Go to the top tab “Mod Builder.” Find the file you modified on the list to the right and select it. Select the “Build Fast File” and “Build IWD File” boxes on the top right. Press “Build Mod.”