Modify a Nerf Gun Recon CS-6
The Nerf-branded Recon CS-6 toy gun is restricted to shooting only one kind of Nerf dart as no other will fit into the barrel. You can modify the Nerf Recon CS-6, however, so that it will be able to shoot any kind of Nerf-branded dart that can be bought at a toy or hobby shop. You will need to partially disassemble the Recon CS-6 and remove some of the plastic from internal parts, voiding the Nerf warranty. The procedure is straightforward and does not require any mechanical skills. Adult supervision is required for children because hardware tools are going to be used.
1. Place a bath towel on a table. Put the Recon CS-6 on its side on the bath towel with the barrel facing to the left.
2. Remove the screws from the top left edge by the barrel using the Phillips-head screwdriver. Remove the screws from the middle edge and right top edge by the hammer of the Recon CS-6 using the screwdriver.
3. Remove the screw from the top edge of the Recon CS-6 that is just in front of the hammer at the back.
4. Remove the screws from the top edge of the gun stock where it meets the top edge of the Recon CS-6 with the Phillips screwdriver.
5. Pull the back top plate off with your fingers. Put it aside. Pull the barrel assembly plate off with your fingers. Put it aside.
6. Lift out the red plastic firing chamber that is inside the top edge of the Recon CS-6 at the front end. Stand the red plastic firing chamber on the bath towel with the small protruding tube facing up.
7. Scrape off the plastic block from inside the tube with the round head chisel. Stop scraping when you can look through the tube without seeing any of the plastic block blocking the view.
8. Insert the rough sandpaper into the tube. Rotate the rough sandpaper around the inside of the tube to smooth out the sides.
9. Blow out the tube with compressed air.
10. Remove the two screws from the side and bottom of the red rotating barrel assembly at the back end of the Recon CD-6 with the screwdriver.
11. Insert the tip of the screwdriver between the barrel and the bottom of the Recon CS-6 to raise it up. Pull the red rotating barrel assembly off with your fingers.
12. Stand the red rotating barrel assembly on the bath towel with the black-tipped edges facing up.
13. Chisel out the plastic grooves inside of each of the holes on the red rotating barrel assembly with the round-headed chisel.
14. Smooth out the insides of the holes with the rough sandpaper.
15. Blow out the holes with compressed air.
16. Put the red rotating barrel assembly back into its original position. Reattach the screws.
17.Put the red plastic firing chamber back into its original position.
18. Reverse the disassembly process to put the Recon CS-6 back together again.