Paint A Cell Phone
Some of us get attached to things and don’t want to let them go.
Our keepsakes become worn and need a little pick me up to make them desirable and pretty again.
If you keep your eyes and ears open you can find ways of doing a lot of things. I am one of those people.
I have this cell phone that I do not want to part with so I was at a gathering and heard two people talking about painting a
cell phone, I went and ask them if they mind if I listen to how they had done this. Then I went and did the same thing and I have a great cell phone and it is my own colorful creation.
1. First you disassemble the phone. Paint and the fumes can damage
the sensitive electronics. Carefully tape or cover the areas you don’t
2. Use a paint that is made for plastics and will be easy to work with.
Use a paint that is design for models.
You can find these paints at most hobby stores.
3. Use plastic model-filler to fill in any nicks or areas
you want smoothed out. Sand with a 400 grit sandpaper and wash thoroughly. Make sure you sand it good so that you wont’ have a problem
with the housing fitting back on.
Use dish washing soap or a plastic cleaner that leaves no residue.
4. When painting, put the paint in a bowel of warm water for a few minutes.
This will help the paint to atomize better.
5. Let the paint dry for 48 hours before using. The longer you can give it to dry, the better. Before the paint is fully cured, it’s still soft and can be easily damaged