BB rifles come in designs featuring both plastic and metal frames. A metal frame BB gun rifle is more durable and will last longer than one that is made from plastic, although there will be more fasteners and fittings to hold the parts to the metal frame. Putting together a metal frame BB rifle together, such as the 196 Airsoft-brand sniper rifle, is no more involved than that of a plastic frame rifle. You will need a few tools and some attention to detail, but the procedure is straightforward and can be accomplished well within a half hour.
1. Put a soft cloth on a work surface. Stand the metal frame of the 196 Airsoft-brand sniper rifle on the soft cloth with one hand so that the slotted top is facing upward. Hold the metal barrel with the locking tabs facing down in the other hand.
2. Place the metal barrel over the slotted top of the metal frame. Insert the locking tabs on the bottom of the metal barrel into the locking holes inside of the slotted top of the metal frame. Push the metal barrel into the slotted top so that it is well seated.
3. Place the rail assembly over the slotted top of the metal frame. Push down on the rail assembly so that it clicks into position.
4. Place the metal frame horizontally on the soft cloth with the barrel facing to the right.
5. Insert the screws into the holes by the magazine well and by the trigger. Fasten the screws with the Torx screwdriver.
6. Screw the front end of the sniper scope onto the rear end.
7. Stand the metal frame of the 196 Airsoft-brand sniper rifle on the soft cloth with one hand so that the slotted top is facing upward. Hold the sniper scope in the other hand with the two rods on the side facing away from you.
8. Place the two rods of the sniper scope through the two holes in the side of the rail assembly. Push the sniper scope against the rail assembly to seat the two together.
9. Place a rubber gasket onto each of the two rods where they exit the holes on the other side of the rail assembly. Insert the locking screw into each of the rubber gaskets. Tighten the screws with the Torx screwdriver.