Recreate Vanessa Hudgens’ Signature Waves
Vanessa Hudgens is one of the most popular young celebrities in Hollywood. Her success with the High School Musical franchise propelled her and her gorgeous hair into everyone’s hearts. This tutorial will show you score Vanessa’s signature sassy waves. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Make sure your hair is straight and bone dry. This may mean curly-haired girls will have to wash and blow dry before they start. Turn on the flat iron.
2. While you are waiting for the iron to heat (to medium for fine hair, high for coarser hair), brush your hair thoroughly to get out all tangles. Apply a heat protection product.
3. Separate your hair into two pontytails, one on top of the head and one at the nape of the neck. if your hair is long, the top ponytail can be a bun to keep hair out of your way.
4. Hold the end of a small section of hair (no wider that two inches). Run the flat Iron down the section, stopping an inch or two from the ends and twist three times (four times if your hair is past your shoulder blades) and then pull all the way down to the ends and release. This should be one smooth motion.
5. Spray that section lightly with hairspray and continue with the next section. Continue until each section is finished.
6. Once the tight waves have cooled, flip your hair over and finger comb it just a few times before flipping it back. The waves should be relaxed and more effortless looking. Skip this step if you have frizz-prone hair. Instead keep your head upright and lightly finger comb the ends. Add another mist of hairspray and you are red carpet ready.