Toy guns that shoot projectiles are kept from being dangerous, thanks to the popularity of Nerf-brand weapons. The Nerf-brand line of guns and rifles fire soft, safe foam projectiles only — these are unable to cause any damage under the normal play conditions that children use with them. The pressure gauge on the Nerf-brand Titan rifle can break during use — this renders the Titan unusable because the manufacturer does not provide replacement parts or repairs once the warranty has expired. You can replace the pressure gauge with a working unit yourself. You will need a few tools and a pressure gauge taken out from one of the Nerf-brand rifles since parts are not sold to the public. Does this Spark an idea?
1. Place the Titan on a table with the barrel facing to the left. Remove the screws from above and below the tip of the barrel — the Phillips screwdriver is used to do this.
2. Remove the screws from around the trigger guard and at the bottom of the gun butt. Repeat this procedure, only with the screws at the top middle edge and the back top and bottom edges.
3. Pull the cover plate off the side of the Titan with your fingers. Place the cover plate aside.
4. Pull the clamp out of the groove at the top back edge of the bottom plate. Grip the pressure gauge by the end that was beneath the clamp. Lift the end of the pressure gauge up as you pull it off the bottom plate.
5. Stand the pressure gauge on the end that does not have the plastic tube sticking out. Pull the clamp off from around the end of the pressure gauge where the tube is located. Place the clamp aside. Unscrew the single screw beneath the clamp with the Phillips screwdriver — if the Phillips screwdriver keeps slipping, use a Phillips jeweler’s screwdriver instead.
6. Pull the clamp off from around the end of the pressure gauge where the tube is located. Place the clamp aside. Unscrew the single screw beneath the clamp with the Phillips screwdriver — if the Phillips screwdriver keeps slipping, use a Phillips jeweler’s screwdriver instead.
7. Stand the replacement pressure gauge on the table with the end that has the plastic tube sticking up. Inspect the tube to see if it has any kinks or holes in it — if it does, remove the tube by following the procedure that was just done with the original pressure gauge, remove the tube and replace it with the one that was taken out earlier.
8. Place the replacement pressure gauge into the bottom plate of the Titan in the same position as that of the original pressure gauge. Place the clamp back into the groove so that it holds the end of the pressure gauge done as it did earlier. Place the cover plate back on the Titan and reattach the screws.