The Tac 5M Recon paintball gun is a powerful weapon that is slow to reload. You can speed up the reloading process by making the Tac 5M into a fully automatic weapon. You will need to disassemble the Tac 5M and make an adjustment to the case. This will technically violate the warranty as well as disallow the Tac 5M for use in paintball games. You need only a gun-locking pin from a hobby store, or gun shop, and some tools.
1. Remove the magazine from the the bottom of the Tac 5M. Cock the firing plate to verify that the firing chamber is empty of ammunition.
2. Put a soft cloth on a table. Put the Tac 5M on the cloth with the barrel facing to the right. Remove the screws from the handle stock with the Phillips screwdriver. Remove the handle stock with your fingers.
3. Remove the screws from the top back edge by the hammer, the middle top edge and the front top edge by the barrel of the gun, with the Phillips screwdriver.
4. Remove the screws from the back and the front of the trigger guard.
5. Remove the screw from the top of the Tac 5M in front of the hammer, with the Phillips screwdriver.
6. Cock the hammer. Insert the tip of the flat-edged screwdriver into the gap on the top that is in front of the hammer. Pull the tip of the flat-edged screwdriver towards the hammer to loosen the firing plate on the top.
7. Slide the firing plate on the top of the Tac 5M towards the barrel. Remove the sliding plate from the Tac 5M. Release the hammer.
8. Pull the side plate off the Tac 5M with your fingers. Gently angle the piston assembly that is now revealed up and away from the trigger.
9. Locate the metal pin assembly attached to the spring at the back edge of the trigger and to the right of the hammer.
10. Drill a hole in the slot in front of the gun locking pin that is in the metal pin assembly with the portable drill.
11. Insert a gun-locking pin into the hole just drilled. Place a dab of glue from the glue stick on the top of the gun-locking pin.
12. Place the side plate back onto the Tac 5M. Press down on the side plate. Remove the side plate.
13. Put a sheet of newspaper on the table. Place the side plate on the newspaper with the inside facing up. Drill a hole through the dab of adhesive that is clinging to the inside of the side plate with the portable drill. Drill around inside the sides of the hole with the portable drill,
14. Put the piston assembly back into position on the Tac 5M. Put the side plate back onto the Tac 5M.
15. Cock the hammer. Slide the firing plate back onto the top of the Tac 5M. Release the hammer. Reattach the screw on the top of the Tac 5M.
16. Reattach the screws to the Tac 5M. Put the guns stock on the handle. Reattach the screws to the gun stock.
17.Insert a gun-locking pin into the hole in the side of the Tac 5M to make it a fully automatic weapon. Remove the gun-locking pin to restore the Tac 5M to a semi-automatic.