Survive F.E.A.R. 2
Whether or not you played the first F.E.A.R., F.E.A.R. 2 is a nightmarishly intense game that is sure to rattle you to your foundations and have you looking over your shoulder for days. Even on Easy difficulty, the game is a challenge. Here are some tips to get you through alive.
1. Use cover. There are lots of objects in the game that can be used to stop bullets. Tables, medical carts, chairs, stretchers. Getting near them and looking at them allows you to flip them, kick them, rotate them or slide behind them. Cover can and will save your life.
2. Use all the weapons at your disposal. Even the lowly pistol has it’s uses. It is highly accurate and can kill with a single head shot. Ammunition is also plentiful for the pistol, so when all else runs dry, use it. Each weapon is useful in certain situations. The SMG is useful at medium range, the shotgun at close range. Keeping your different options in mind can save you a lot of trouble.
3. Grab Armor whenever you can. While you can store up to three Medkits at one time, you can only have one suit of armor. Armor negates the need to constantly refill on health and saves you a lot of hurt from powerful weapon attacks. Keep your armor safe! Stay behind walls, use cover and keep your enemy far away from you. Armor is an extremely valuable commodity.
4. Cook your grenades before you throw them. By holding the Throw Grenade button for a few seconds, you decrease the time the enemy has to get away from it. A timer with white marks will appear on the screen. Throw the grenade on the third or fourth tick, before it hits red. If the timer hits red, the grenade will explode in your hand. Also note that your character throws grenades from his left hand. This can be hazardous if you have a wall in front of you on your left (watch in horror as the grenade bounces off the wall and lands at your feet.)
5. Use your Reflex. At a certain point in the story, you will gain access to the Reflex ability. This allows you to slow time for a few seconds and gain the upper hand when you are being overwhelmed. This also highlights enemies for you, allowing you to shoot them with ease. Your Reflex takes several seconds to recharge, so use it wisely. Reflex is also extremely valuable for attacking very fast enemies.