A paintball mask is an important piece of safety gear for playing paintball.
Masks are an important part of a paintball player’s outfit and protect the face from the damage that a paintball could do. Anyone who has been hit by a paintball knows that they can leave quite a bruise, and could do a lot of damage to an unprotected eye. The lens, or goggles, of a paintball mask, however, often needs to be cleaned. Every manufacturer has a different method for removing the lens, but most are similar, and easy to figure out.
DYE i4 Mask
1. Locate the small tabs on the inside of the paintball mask, to the immediate left and right of the lens. Push both of the tabs in.
2. Push the earpieces on either side of the mask forward and up to release the locks on the lens.
3. Remove the lens, which should now be free from the mask.
VForce Profiler Mask
4. Locate the removable tabs on either side of the outside of the mask. They should be at either end of the outer edge of the lens.
5. Remove the locking tabs by sliding them away from the front of the mask.
6. Push on the tabs at either end of the lens, which will pop the lens loose from the mask and allow the lens to be removed.
Sly Profit Mask
7. Loosen the head straps as much as possible on the rear of the mask.
8. Locate the quick release tab and wheel on the inside of the mask to either side of the lens. Insert the dime in to the slot of the wheel and turn it counter clockwise 90 degrees on either side of the mask.
9. Pull up on the tab and remove it from the mask. Push out the two tabs which are found under the quick release tabs, which will remove the earpieces on either side of the mask and the attached head strap.
10. Pull the lens out, which should now be free from the mask.